16 June, 2008

Stress

It does funny things. Thursday my back really was tweaky. I spent all of Thursday afternoon and evening and almost all Friday on my back with a heating pad. I did ride in to work today and was feeling it a bit near the end of the ride but I have dosed myself up with naproxen and let's hope it does its work.

I finally took a few minutes before dashing out the door this morning and took pictures of my latest FOs and my Waterlily Top WIP. First the shrug, which I just llllllove even though the arms are a bit long. I have no idea what happened. My gauge is right so they either stretched or there's a mistake in the pattern or I goofed. No matter, it looks just great on and I don't mind longer sleeves. I can roll up the cuffs and that looks nice as well.

I have a pair of socks that I finished up ages ago and have worn a number of times but I need to put a finished picture of them on my Ravelry page so here they are.

And finally, a picture of the Waterlily Top. It's pretty difficult to see the details of the eyelets that are shaping it because of the crazy thick and thin yarn. But with a tank underneath it's going to be a cute summer top. The colors are pretty and muted and the drape of the fabric is lovely. I do like the yarn.

I had to take it slow and easy on Saturday but managed to get a little shopping done and some knitting on this top Saturday night. Sunday, Father's Day, I prepared a big dinner so that just about ate up the whole day. I made an awesome pie for dessert, if I do say so myself. And the weather has started to act a bit more like summer. In fact it's supposed to be 70 degrees today! And the sun is out! That is really nice for a change. It's not supposed to stick around longer than a couple days but I am going to enjoy every second I can.

No comments: