06 June, 2008

Where am I?

I swear -- the weather is just SO BAD I can hardly believe it. I know I know I know every June the weather is cloudy and we're all anxious for summer because usually we get a nice taste of it in May. And we did, so now when it's not even 50 degrees outside and windy and pouring rain we should just be ready for it. Not so. It's making me crazy.

I was going to bike in today but it was so crappy this morning I just couldn't face it. Plus I've got my final fitting tonight after work and the thought of getting home in such a soggy mess and having to get myself cleaned up and off to the alterations place was too much to face. I drove and don't even feel guilty. Not that guilt is much of a thing I ever face anyway ... ;-)

Had a good long knit last night on the shrug and I'm nearly finished with my last ball of yarn. So I was wrong - I didn't have enough to finish it up even without the sleeves. I only have about ... let's see .... maybe 10 rows left. Maybe 15. But it's going to increase again up to over 400 stitches around and then I've got the cuffs and so I am hoping the rest of the yarn will be in the mail today. I should be able to finish this puppy up this weekend. Probably won't get to knit much tonight ... depends on how long I take at the fitting and how late I feel like staying up.

Oh -- speaking of late -- last night I was coming upstairs sometime around 9:30 and it was still light outside. Sure we're close to the Equinox and I just love it! I noticed in Hawaii how early it gets dark there compared to here. So we got that going for us. heeee

No comments: