04 June, 2008

Not an easy ride yet

Maybe easier, but not by very much. I hope by Friday to be back where I was before vacation. At that point I was thinking I could actually make the bike commute 5 days a week. Not the way I was feeling today though. Ouch! Maybe my pack was too heavy, but my back was just killing me today! Thankfully it wasn't pouring rain. Yesterday it rained nonstop. And I am not talking sprinkles here - raining hard. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and noticed that it had stopped raining. I think it was the absence of the sound of the rain that woke me up. It is predicted to rain all the rest of this week and I wasn't going to ride in if it was pouring again this morning, but it wasn't. A few sprinkles on the way in. Now if it can just hold off or get it over with before I leave I'll be very happy.

I had to break down and order another bag of Ella Rae Shibu from Little Knits yesterday. Hopefully they have more of the dye lot I'm using for my little shrug but even if they don't it'll be okay because of the pattern of the circular part and the cuffs. In fact it might look cool if it was off a bit. But anyway I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to finish it as written with the amount of yarn I had left. The Shibu is not the yarn called for in the pattern but I was able to get gauge with size 7 needles. Unfortunately it means I need more although I thought I'd actually need less than what was called for. Who knows - my gauge could be off as well although I DID do a swatch. Part of what makes this pattern so cool is the big circular band which makes a big collar and the lower back and the fronts. With the silk yarn I am getting such a beautiful drape. So I ordered 10 more balls. I am figuring that even if I use 5 I will have enough to make a little tank top and then I'll have a twin set. Oh I have too many things in my queue!!!

No comments: