26 August, 2008

At least it's good for the garden

That's what we say when it rains and rains when we don't want it to. The weekend was nice on Saturday but Sunday, not so nice. Because of all the rain and the warm weather the garden is full of weeds. No, not "full" but I have to keep up with them. Sunday was the day but I only got about 45 minutes into it when it started to rain. And I'm not talking sprinkles here - big, fat wet drops. I am going to have to make myself spend an hour each day of the 3 day weekend coming up to get the weeds out. I can stand an hour at a time. Anything more than that .. ick.

We ate some of the tomatoes in a Caprese salad Sunday. And fresh basil from the garden too. Oh it was gorgeous! Next year more tomatoes! And I'm going to plant Early Girls rather than the Roma ones the previous owners planted. We roasted some of the home grown corn on the barbecue and that was spectacular! That's a first for me.

The Trellis Shawl is growing. It's now up to my chest and I have a little more than 3 balls to go for the main part. The sleeves are going to be quick. Lovely thing about this house is that it's got carpeting in some of the rooms and I'll be able to lay out some towels and spray my shawl and actually block it! Wow, that'll be a first. Real blocking.

I was dithering around this morning and managed to leave my keys behind. That kind of thing throws my whole day off! And in this whole great big health sciences complex there is ONE extra key to my office. ONE. My department doesn't have it and I have to go to the main building maintenance folks to check out the spare. Had to bring the bike into the building too because no key for the lock. Pretty annoying.

No comments: