08 August, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

And another year goes by! What a year, too. When I think back to where I was last year compared to now it's just amazing. Like I always said, good things are right around the corner, I just don't know how long the block is. It was a long one but once the good things started coming .... wow. So this birthday first of all I am thankful and grateful and joyful ... full of all sorts of good things.

The day has started out pretty darned good. I opened my Ravelry Birthday Swap package from my birthday pal, suzenew. What a fantastic birthday surprise! Thanks SO much Suzie!! There's a skein of Noro Silk Mountain sock yarn, which I have been dying to try out, plus a couple skeins of some really yummy linen blend yarn and a spa package with a cute pear candle, some shower gel and nice tea and a soothing eye mask. Great start to my day - and let me tell you, it was hard not to open it before this morning!!!

My DH keeps telling me he got me a great present. But I have to wait until I get home. And when I get home we'll have champagne, and he's cooking steak for dinner PLUS there's pre-season football on at 5!! OMG! How perfect is that?

Last night I didn't do any knitting, but I did some UN-knitting. I frogged the Trellis Shawl and maybe tonight I'll cast on again with size 9 needles and try not to mess it up! We went to Costco last night to get stuff for the party Saturday. I still have to unpack all the books in the theatre room and it doesn't look like the pictures and mirrors will get hung before the party, but that's okay. Hanging all those pictures is going to be very difficult. Not the physical part of it - that's what a husband is for - but just figuring out the best place for everything. We have lots of stuff.

Yesterday my MIL brought a birthday gift over to the house for me. It's a really lovely glass ball on a stand. Kind of hard to describe. I'll have to take a picture. And the fun part will be deciding where in the garden to place it.

Well .. work is very busy so I'd better get back to it!!

No comments: