05 August, 2008

Is it really oh so wrong to love an appliance?

No, not THAT kind of appliance! I am talking about my new washer and dryer. Front loader, high efficiency washer that is so quiet I can't believe it. I feel kind of silly talking about my washer and dryer but I just can't get over how wonderful they are! That washing machine senses how large the load is and uses the correct amount of water, which is much much less than a top loader. The literature was talking about how much cleaner it gets clothes. I thought that was pretty bizarre, thinking I had clean clothes from my other washer. But Sunday when I was putting some kitchen stuff away I grabbed my pot holders and my doggie washing apron and threw them into the washer. I was absolutely blown away at how clean that apron got with no bleach. Just ... wow. So now I want to wash everything I own in my new washer. I shall resist and wait at least until I've work it once.

But here's the deal -- can I still felt in a front loader? There isn't the same type of agitation going on as in a top loader. And I just bought two cute patterns - a felted bag and a hat - The Trellis Tote & Flap Bag and the Felted Trellis Toque. I guess I could go to a laundromat, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to.

After my easy-peasy bike ride in yesterday I was looking forward to an equally easy ride home, got all togged up and outside and realized that my back tire was flat AGAIN! I just got it fixed!! Obviously there is something in the tire and the guy repairing it didn't check. So S had to come out and get me. I waited and waited and after about 30 minutes the phone rang and it was him - "Honey, I haven't left yet. I can't find Tink anywhere!" Grrrreat .... seems he had the garage door open while he was messing about taking stuff out of the van and he let Tink follow him out there from the house. She's a good dog. She'll mind if you tell her to stay, especially if you correct her if she starts to maybe walk out onto the driveway. But S doesn't keep that keen of an eye on her, so she just decided to have an adventure. As I was talking to him and asking where he had looked (Under the bed? In the backyard?) my other line was ringing, so I picked it up and it was a woman. "I have Tinkerbell". Whew! She was just two houses north. So he got her and then got me and the bike and he'll take it back to the shop today.

I got to knit lots on the Trellis Shawl last night. S is a sound guy. He owns a sound company and provides sound for events and galas and a few concerts, etc. And he is fanatical about surround sound systems and speakers and blah blah blah blah .... honestly most of it is WAY beyond me. (With the exception of the home theatre he had set up at his house, where if you were sitting there watching an adventure movie, the couch would actually vibrate with the low sounds, like in a movie theatre. Really really cool. Oh, and also he has a thing about HD but again, I rarely can see the difference. ) We have a family room off the kitchen where we have my old TV - which I think is fine and he is not too impressed. However, it does have a decent surround system so he was putting that up last night while I was just knitting away. Lovely. He still has to do the upstairs big system but at least for now when I get home on Friday for my birthday dinner, I can sit there and knit and watch football. yay!!

We're having a housewarming party Saturday. I know it's soon but I wanted to get on it right away because if I put it off, I'd never get the house ready. Plus which S has a bigshow the next weekend, so since this is also my birthday weekend, I think it's perfect. And we're really in pretty good shape. The only .. what what I consider the only .. big thing left is hanging all the art and mirrors. I wish my sister was here. She is so good with that! Me? Not so much.

No comments: