20 August, 2008

Is it just me?


Or is this not the most hideous paint job you've ever seen? I was walking Tinkie last night. I'm still exploring the neighborhood and came upon this heinous mess. I pretended to take pictures of Tinkerbell because I didn't want the people in the house to cop onto the fact that I was snapping pictures of their bad taste. What in the world would possess someone to paint their house that color? And that's not the whole house - I only have a portion of it. It's quite large and there is another part of the house and a double garage that you can't see in the picture. What an eyesore! I am SO grateful it's blocks away from my house. If I were a neighbor I would have been so unhappy to see someone painting their house that color. Ewwwwww!

I woke up in the middle of the night and heard it pouring rain. And when the alarm went off at 6:20 it was still coming down in buckets so I decided to drive in and do some errands on the way home. Of course now as I am typing -- it's brilliant sunshine. It is supposed to rain again this afternoon and tomorrow and then by Friday be back nice again. I must say the garden is just loving it!

I didn't get around to working on that mistake in the Trellis Shawl last night. And it's too big to take in to noon knitting on Wednesday. Maybe tonight I can work on it.

I am hoping to hear from the refrigerator repairman today. It is SUCH a hassle having the fridge out of commission and having to go out to the garage every time you need something from the fridge. Especially in the morning when I'm getting my food ready for work. S did some sleuthing about this particular model on the Internet and found that although it is the most energy efficient of the refrigerators out there it does tend to break down. Therefore I am very very thankful the people who bought it had the foresight to get the extended warranty!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

What a terrible color. I used to live in a neighborhood with a pepto bismol pink house. Yuck.

Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Boy, is that a familiar color! We painted our house a number of years ago (final color is Sage Green) and had the primer tinted green for better coverage. The primer came out that exact fluorescent green. I was SOOO embarrassed when the neighbors walked by and stopped to look. I kept saying, "It's just primer!" Luckily, the final color went up in a few days and I still love it, the Sage Green that is.