06 August, 2008

Hurts so good

Yesterday I finally got to start running again. It was hot -- and it's even hotter today -- but I managed to run for a full 15 minutes without a rest, then run walk run walk the rest of the 30 minutes. I was pretty happy with that. Usually after such a long lay off it takes me a few days to get up to 15 minutes at a go. I'm confident now that I'll be ready for the Dawg Dash in September for sure. It's just so strange that my legs are sore today though! I mean, after all that bike riding one would think that a little jogging wouldn't even register but not so.

It was also my appointment to have my eyes checked and it was way over due. As in six months. My far vision has improved and so my old contacts, which had been increasingly uncomfortable, were over correcting which was making my eyes so tired! This is SUCH an improvement. Typically I've been taking my contacts out as soon as I get home, but yesterday I didn't need to. We had a block watch picnic to attend and so we met many of the neighbors. But when I got home I did take out the contacts because I wanted to wear my birthday present. Each year I buy myself something special and this year I really splurged and got a gorgeous pair of Chanel glasses frames. They are awesome! I ran right over to the lens place after work and had them made up. I love love love those glasses!

We have some lovely neighbors. I'm not much for these types of social situations but S is quite at home schmoozing it up. I'm better one on one. We learned about the house and the neighborhood traditions - a Christmas progressive dinner, which sounds like fun and the people who owned our house always gave a neighborhood Super Bowl party. No problem, we're down with that. I invited some of them to come over for our open house on Saturday. I guess lots of people have wanted to have a peek inside the house and at the back garden. I learned that the previous owner did all that landscaping! I didn't realize that. It is quite spectacular. She gave me the contact information for the woman who helped her out a few times a year and I'm going to keep that up for sure.

No comments: