15 August, 2008

We're havin' a heat wave!

Oh yeah .... it is hot and humid and in fact they have put out a heat warning for the area. The air conditions are bad for the first time in almost ten years, I understand. It is therefore lucky that I haven't been riding my bike the past couple days. Wednesday I had to wait for the fridge repairman -- [on a side note, why is it that I have a husband with a home office but every time there needs to be some waiting around for a repairman and/or some other house related thing, he is busy?] and so I worked at home and yesterday I had to meet up with the housekeeper for her first visit and she changed the time so there I was, stuck working here again. I finally quit trying to be thrifty and turned on the air conditioning. Oh baby .... ahhhhhhh, huge difference.

My office at work is a hot box - a sweat box. It is supposedly air conditioned and my friend Kate's office is so chilled she can't even stand being there and my office, right across the building from her, is so hot that even with the window open and a fan blowing I am always too hot. So even though it's not the most convenient set up here at home, at least it's cooler. My DH hasn't yet gotten the wireless set up to work with anything except his laptop so I have to squish myself onto his bookkeeper's desk so that I can plug into the ethernet. It works, but it's not an easy set up. Yesterday I was working on spreadsheets and making up table assignments for the coming class - tedious and fiddly work, but it sure made the day zip by.

Not so much knitting going on. Tuesday night I worked on the Trellis Shawl and a bit on some socks. Last night was a wine auction and picnic - the anniversary of our first date - so even though I got home by 8:30 there was no knitting because it was too bloody hot, even with the air conditioning. Tonight -- I don't know we'll have to see. It is predicted to be nearly 90 degrees today. Not conducive for knitting.

I'm going to take Tinkie out to the dog park at lunchtime and let her swim.

No comments: