13 January, 2010

Here comes Wednesday ....

and no pains. Wow! I am SO lucky! All of the horror stories people have been telling me about getting rear-ended...... I have gotten off easy.

Yesterday during a short break in the rain I managed to get outside and have a run. The first one in ages and ages. I made it for the whole 30 minutes and it felt GREAT! I am just a teensie bit sore in my legs, which is to be expected. It's noon knitting today, but I will be able to get out there again tomorrow and have another go. I think I'm going to start going for an hour rather than just 30 minutes once I feel like I'm back in running shape. When I was training for the 1/2 marathon I did the hour run from here a few times and it is really not bad at all. I go from here down to the Fremont Bridge using the trail, then turn around and come back. It's flat and picturesque. Obviously I'm not going to be biking as much as I did when I only had 3 miles a leg. It's one thing to ride for 11 minutes in the rain and completely another when it's more like 40. And again today it was pouring rain when I got up, so it was the bus for me. If I up my mileage I won't feel like as much of a slug. Maybe I'll do two 60 minutes ones a week and 30 minutes on other non-riding days.

No knitting last night. At noon today I'm going to finish up that last hat - there are only a couple decrease rows to go - and work on the Enchanting scarf. Since it's tiny size 2 needles, it's not TV knitting at all. We have a long weekend coming up so I'm going to get my knitting projects organized on Sunday or Monday. With only about 25 rows to go on the Frost Flowers Stole, I should put that at the top of my list.

No comments: