07 January, 2010

I finally did it

I got back on the bicycle today and rode to work. Yesterday would have been a good day to do it but I had an early meeting and would have had to get up spot on time. Unfortunately I had pushed some odd button on my iHome dock alarm clock thingie and it got off the station. I didn't hear the static until it had been going for 45 minutes. So a quick dash through the shower and out the door I went, driving for a third day in a row. Ah .... but today was "normal" and off I went. It is chilly but it seems that we in the Pacific Northwest are the only ones in the country getting warmer than normal temperatures so even with the wind chill it was tolerable. I did quite well too -- only about 2 minutes off my normal 38 - 40 minute pace. I don't have all my breath back so it is going to be a challenge getting up the hills from the lake.

It was an unusually beautiful sunrise as well this morning. I should have stopped and taken a picture of the mountain and the pink sky but since I was a little late I didn't. Next time I will though. It is really breathtaking.

Work has been busy and hectic all week. I am hoping it will slow down a bit now today and tomorrow so I can catch my breath and clean up my office. I've been so tired when I get home. I didn't do anything last night except cook dinner and watch a movie. I knit on my Enchanting scarf at noon knitting yesterday and if I can take a real lunch hour today I may go over to the South Campus Hub, where there is lovely view of the Montlake Cut, and do a few rows. And if I put my mind to it I just may be able to finish up my Frost Flowers Stole this weekend. More likely that it will spill over into the following one though. I do have to rehearse this Saturday but otherwise I don't believe there is anything else on my plate.

No comments: