12 January, 2010

I seem to have dodged a bullet

I left work yesterday morning because I was not feeling too well after my little bump and everyone was urging me to go home and call the doctor. I did just that, and he told me that if I didn't have any sharp pains to just ice my aches and see how I felt. I think I must have braced myself with my left arm when I was hit because my elbow and shoulder were hurting. I brought my laptop to bed and did a little work and took it easy. After dinner I knit for a few minutes and read for the rest of the evening. I woke up today feeling great! I was expecting to be a lot sorer than I am. The doctor said Wednesday will be the worst of it but if today is any indication, I am out of the woods.

Of course it was/is pouring rain again so I rode the bus. ick ick ick If it had just been sprinkling I might have gotten on the bike, but no. By the time we got to the UW it was only lightly raining so I am optimistic that I can get out for a little run this afternoon. At least give it a go. I seem to have my wind back.

I am almost done with what I hope is my LAST hat for a while. This weekend I am going to take another look at the top down white angora sweater I had started before all the Christmas knitting and make a decision on whether I want to continue or rip it out and do a new sweater from the Winter Vogue. I think that the angora soft would work very well for this. And if not, I wouldn't mind making it from mohair. It's awfully cute, isn't it? I'm not all that keen on the turtle neck blouse under it ... but otherwise.

No comments: