14 January, 2010

A little break in the rain

I am working from home today. I just couldn't stand being in the dark another day ... all day .... and it's been especially dark since it's been so rainy. Today it is a little better. It was not pouring when I woke up and I just took Tink for a little walk and managed to go 15 minutes before I had to put my hood up and hurry back. But that was nice. And I can ALMOST make out blue sky. Ah well still it's much better than most of the rest of the world. We have a visiting scientist from the UK who was supposed to come back to work over a week ago. His flight was canceled because, I assume, they weren't able to fly out of Heathrow. He has been re-scheduled twice. Poor guy.

I am not at all keen on violent movies, but last night we watched "Inglorious Basterds" - a Quentin Tarentino gore-fest. Except for that I thought it was good. Brad Pitt was rather amusing. I liked him also in "Burn After Reading". He seems to have a handle on the dummy character, doesn't he? Of course it gave me bad dreams but I have forgotten them already.

Rehearsal tonight - odd in that it's a week day but Rusty the drummer is going out of town for the long weekend and Doug is on a tear now that we have a goal gig. I don't mind. We'll start at six and I'll be home before 9:30.

I have to drive tomorrow because I have an appointment at 4, but I should be able to run again, which is really good. I am a little sore from running on Tuesday but not too bad. I'm excited to get back on a regular schedule. I can't remember when was the last time I really felt good when I was running. Must be way back in September, before I got sick. I want that back.

No comments: