04 January, 2010

And a happy new year to all

Ten years ago I was starting my adventure in Paris. It's hard to believe it's been ten whole years. My life is now defined by those six months and the consequences and friendships. Before Paris and After Paris. I do believe I'd give anything to be able to go back and re-live it. Of course if that were an option I also don't believe I'd do anything else. I'd be like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day", only happy. Oh well -- as far as I know no one has built that machine yet.

NOT the most auspicious beginning for the year for me. As much as I wanted to get on my bike to ride in today, the rain was just thundering down. I would have been soaked to the skin before I got to the trail, so I drove in and I'm glad I did. My computer at work is not working. I spent nearly two hours trying to get something going. Our IT guy is going to have to work on it, so I got all my files together and came home. I would have been miserable trying to ride back home in soaking bike gear.

The holidays were okay. A little too hectic for my taste. The run up to the few days in California were brutal, the days down there great and the trip home a nightmare! And of course a house guest of the worst sort for the entire two weeks. After doing a big Christmas dinner, and then a dinner party for 8 on New Year's Eve I had to decline Mr. M's suggestion of having both of his kids over for dinner on Saturday. Honestly, I just couldn't take having my kitchen trashed another time, and the noise, plus I was on my last nerve with the boy. He took them out and I had a lovely evening ALONE with my doggie and my knitting and silly TV.

I did get some good knitting done on the stole. It is starting to look like something. I've only got about 25 rows left to go. And I don't think I'll be making another one of these. This lace knitting is very intense. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

No comments: