11 January, 2010

Rear-ended!

Although it was sunny and freakishly warm this weekend, I awoke to another downpour this morning. Friday had started off nice enough but by the time I left for home it was pouring and I got soaked. I didn't want to arrive at work that way, so I drove in. And as I was sitting at a stop light some woman ran into me with her SUV. My car didn't sustain any visible damage and I seem to be okay as well, although I'm feeling a bit queasy and my wrist hurts. I suspect I'm just going to have to wait and see how I feel later. I don't think I'm going to need to see the doctor though. I'm probably just queasy because of the jolt of adrenalin.

The weekend was pretty quiet. Saturday was so amazingly warm, it was spring-like. Quite a contrast to what some of my friends in Europe are going through. But I'm not complaining. After that nasty business last winter I am grateful for the warmer temperatures, although I'm not loving all this rain that much. I can stand arriving back home wet and soggy because I can hop right into the shower and put on dry clothes. Not so when I'm arriving at work. I'll bike in the sprinkles but when it's coming down like curtains, no thank you.

We had a good rehearsal Saturday night and Doug has decided that we're going to shoot for doing a show the second Saturday in May. That gives us a definite goal to plan for and that's a good thing, because Doug is kind of scattered, energy-wise. We're going to rehearse on Thursday night this week because the drummer is going out of town for the long weekend. That works out great for me because I promised my little nephew he could come stay at Shelley's Spa and Resort, but I was going to have to do it Friday. Now I can pick him up on Saturday instead and we'll have all day and evening to play. He's only 9 but he loves golfing, so if the weather is nice I may take him to the driving range. I bought him a junior set of golf clubs a little over a year ago. I'd love to see him use them.

Because my shoulder is still sore, I am guessing it's because of the non-stop knitting I was doing for Christmas. I did not knit this weekend (!! ... I know!) and instead bought some books and spent most of yesterday, after a lovely long walk around the lake, laying on the couch reading. It was a perfect use of a Sunday afternoon.

Now back to the real world. Fingers crossed I don't have any troubles from this accident.

No comments: