15 June, 2011

Disturbance in the (sleep) Force

It has been a while since I've had insomnia on a work night, but Monday night was horrific!  I slept fitfully and I was so very very tired Tuesday morning.  Unfortunately I had to get up and going because I had an appointment at 8:45 downtown.  I thought that once I got to work and got out and running I would wake up.  Ha!  I did get out there but it was a very difficult run.  Actually I was surprised when I finished up that I was only 2/10 of a mile off from my regular 2.5 miles.  But oh dear me, it was a hard go.  I finished up the day a little early and got home and walked Tink and then changed to do my other workout.  That was a little better, but it was an easy day thankfully.  As much as I wanted to put in some good time getting the sleeves finished up or doing a few rows of the lace bolero, I couldn't face it and instead lay on the couch reading fashion magazines and  watching stupid TV.  I threw in the towel a little before nine and went to bed to read.  I made myself read until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and ended up having a superb night.  I slept like a baby and I feel grrreat today!

Peggy brought my blocked project in yesterday and it is indeed gorgeous!  I was running a little behind this morning and didn't get a picture snapped.  I'll do that tonight.  I have it draped over the back of my couch.  That way it'll show off the pattern in the picture rather than seeing in draped on the dummy.  Today I'm wearing the Rondeur and it is as cute as I could hope.  I am wearing it with a pair of loose brown linen slacks and it is perfect.  My office is cold enough to store meat in, unfortunately, so I am probably going to have to break down and put on a hoodie at some point today so I don't catch cold.  It is SO annoying -- in the winter I am sweltering in here and can't wear long sleeves and in the spring/summer it is freezing. 

At the last 1st year curriculum meeting they were soliciting volunteers for a committee to assess the usefulness of tablets for the 1st and 2nd year medical students.  Tablet = iPads, of course.  How much do I want an iPad?  I am now obsessed with it!  This way even though I have to serve on a committee at least I will be able to get my hands on an iPad for some unknown (at this time) amount of time, I hope.  I will be pretty upset if this service doesn't at least afford me some one on one hands on time with it.  It is only my incredible will power (joke) that is keeping me from running to the store and just buying one!  That and the fact that I don't really want any more credit card debt, since I am still paying off that heinous cruise.  Oh how that rankles. 

And so ... while there are many many things I do NOT wish to dwell on, there are also many many things I am happy to daydream about.  In just a little over a week my sister will be here for our reunion weekend and then a whole week in California!  I have yet to purchase my tickets to Las Vegas but I'm watching the fares and will be pulling that trigger soon.  And finally my big trip in November.  It is still too far away to make any concrete plans and so those daydreams are the most fun because at this point the sky's the limit!  Ahhhh .....

No comments: