20 June, 2011

Oh I am SO tired!

I had a really good run Thursday but I am afraid that today it's going to be one of the hard days.  I am so sleepy!  And I went to bed plenty early last night night, slept through the night as well.  I don't know why I'm so tired.  It's a short week for me.  Maybe I'm already on vacation mind set.

Friday I worked from home and had a visit with the lawyer on my lunchtime.  Things are plodding along.  I had really really hoped to have this done so that I could get a new passport before my trip in November but it doesn't look like that's going to be happening.  The other camp is dragging their feet.  We have no idea what's holding things up, other than stupidity.  Perhaps it's just mean spirit that is driving them.  I just can't let it run my life, so we will just plod along, step by step.  I am not too worried.  She always calms me down and reassures me that we are doing everything we can.

Friday after work I had an appointment at the hair salon and I took Tinkerbell, since I've been promising to do that for some time.  She was good as gold and got lots and lots of attention, which is what she lives for.  I had Dana blow my hair out straight for a lark and it looked pretty good, actually.  It's a lot of work to do that for my hair - well, not for her but for me.  And because it has so much natural curl it doesn't stay straight for long when there's moisture in the air.  It was a beautiful sunny evening, and on the way home I stopped at the store and bought a cold bottle of wine, a nice salad and the latest issue of Vogue Magazine.  Now *that's* a girlie evening right there.  I took it home, enjoyed the wine and laid on the couch reading my magazine and talking on the phone.  Perfect evening!

Saturday it was misting heavily in the morning so Tink had an abbreviated walk and I headed out to the mall.  I bought a pair of jeans to wear to the party Saturday night and a few other things.  After the shopping I did a little bit of knitting.  Actually that was the only knitting I did all weekend!  I worked 10 rows on the sleeves of the bolero, then had a little nap before getting ready for the party.  I had decided to take public transportation to the event and then catch a cab back home.  The birthday boy's wife told me to take the light rail to their neighborhood and then they would pick me up and drive me to the party.  That was fun!  This was the first time I had taken the LINK light rail.  It is smooth and clean.  Really nice for public transport.

The party at the bar turned out to be a bust so we headed out to a house party, which turned out to be fun.  There was food and dancing and booze.  What more could you ask for?  Oh ...and cake!  We stayed to the bitter end and they gave me a ride home, since the house party was way out from Seattle.  After walking Tink it was 2:30 am by the time I finally got to bed!  That is late for me and so Sunday I didn't do much of anything.  Tink walks and laundry and reading the paper and early to bed.  No knitting.  Which is so unlike me but there you go.  I was wiped out.  I am not used to having fun.  ;-)

I can't imagine I'm going to get much knitting done tonight either, unless I perk up here soon.  I'll have another cup of tea and hope that it starts to work.  Maybe I need food.  I'll try that too. 

No comments: