13 June, 2011

Misty Monday

In Southern California they called it "June gloom" and it is appropriate for Seattle as well.  It's not raining, it's not too cold, just overcast and misty.  I think I should have a good run today with all the moisture in the air.  I sure wish I had a running buddy!  There are so many fun 5K races in Seattle in summer but most of them are such social occasions that I would feel odd man out if I went alone, plus it wouldn't be as much fun.  I have signed up for a 5K in early September that is around Green lake, my favorite course.  But I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for something I can run before then as well.

I had the blues something fierce on Friday - a hangover from the previous evening's news I imagine and the fact that I hadn't gotten through to get an appointment set with my attorney.  I had a good workout nevertheless and got the Kaleidoscope collar bound off and the stitches re-attached for the sleeves, which I am doing two at a time on two circulars, as usual.  What I didn't take into account is that I have only one ball of yarn!  After all the work it took to get those stitches on the needles from the provisional cast on I was not going to do the sleeves one at a time.  I am therefore doing something I've never done before, working from both ends of a ball.  And it's not as difficult or fiddle-y as I supposed it might be.  Tink wanted attention (big surprise) so I didn't get much more done that a row or two, but it worked and through the weekend I managed to work on it now and again.  They sleeves are 3/4 length so it shouldn't take too long to finish up.

Friday night I had a hard time sleeping.  It was noisy again, plus I just had insomnia, which I haven't had for a while.  I ended up turning the light on around 12:30 and reading for a while.  That meant that I slept in late on Saturday.  I had a lot to take care of but ended up switching things around because I was due out at Peggy's by 2 to block my Shining Bird's Eyes Shawl.  I got my nails done, picked up Tink's food and then drove up north.  Of course, being the knitting/spinning/dyeing person she (and her twin) is/are, their bottom floor is a pure delight.  The floor was just recently re-carpeted and they put the thickest padding underneath so that you can block right on the floor and the pins go in and stay in!  Awesome!  I had soaked the thing before I left, so Peggy put some towels down and we set to work.  It is 6 feet across and 3 feet at the point.  Big.  She's going to be bringing it back to me on Wednesday.  I can't wait to feel it.

I did my shopping on the way home, then took Tink for another long walk and there went the day!  Saturday is my rest day - no running, no working out.  By the time I was finished with dinner and cleaned up it wasn't yet 7 pm and I was going CRAZY!  It was bright sunshine outside, being that it's Seattle and doesn't get dark now until nearly 10 pm, and Tinkerbell was about walked out.  I didn't get to finish my shopping on Saturday so I went to Target and spent an hour just roaming around, buying stuff.  I needed an iron and ironing board and pad, which I got.  And some new make up brushes and .... well, I did a little sport shopping too.  It lifted my spirits and kept me out of trouble.  Therapy and it could have been worse.  I could have gone to Nordstrom!

Having slept well on Saturday I didn't sleep nearly so late on Sunday and we got up and out and had a SUPER long walk.  The sunshine didn't stay around long, but it didn't matter to me since I had plenty of inside chores to keep me busy.  Once I got everything done I treated myself to a new project - the Milanese Shower Bolero.  I wanted something other than plain knitting and this is lace on big needles - instant gratification.  I started the sleeves and finished one 10 row repeat of the lace pattern before I stopped.  This will go quickly.

Well, my self imposed 3 months is nearly up and the metamorphosis nearly complete.  What now?  Nothing huge.  I have vacations to look forward to and make plans for.  November is so far away.  I am happy I have a couple of other trips to plan for.  And a busy week ahead.  I should also give  Gregg a call and see if he's willing to start rehearsing again in July.  I know he's got family problems that require him to go to Boston now and again so we might have to wait until August.  That's fine, I can wait.

No comments: