03 April, 2012

The bra mystery

I don't know a single woman in the world who likes to shop for bras.  It is frustrating business.  The reason for this is simple and I cannot understand why it hasn't been addressed and fixed.  The reason is that no two bras fit the same.  EVER.  On Saturday I was shopping and took six bras in with me to try on.  Six bras of the exact same size and three from the same company.  Each and every one of them fit differently ... or rather one of the six fit and the others did not.  How can that be?  You have two measurements - the cup size and the circumference of your rib cage.  Inches are inches.  It's a functional piece of underwear!  Why should there be so much difference?  When I do find one that fits correctly I buy one of every color because you can bet that the next time you come to shop for a bra that model will be long gone.  I used to have the same problem with running shoes but I am happy to find that my wonderful Nike Free Run is still around and this time I can just buy the shoe rather than spending an hour trying a million new ones.  Well .. now that I've gotten that off my chest ...

Yesterday was such a busy day that I didn't even realize the morning passing by and before I knew it, it was time to go for a run.  Thankfully no wind and no rain!  We even had an extra mild evening.  When I took Tink out at 7:30 it was 61 degrees!  Freaky.  It's back to normal --  normal being in the 50s -- but hopefully we are done with the cold, windy days.  I noticed so many trees starting to leaf out and all of the cherry trees are blooming.  I am SO looking forward to the park in London in a couple weeks.  It's going to be gorgeous.

I tried to finish up the ribbing on the Whisper Cardigan last night but after working on it Saturday and Sunday I had a sore elbow Sunday night, so I took it easy last night and when it started to twinge I stopped.  I should be able to finish it up and bind off the collar stitches tonight so that I can start on the bottom.I remember the rest of the sweater going quickly after that point.

I cannot believe here it is April and still no word from the court.  Just crazy.  I have stopped compulsively checking my email.  I guess when it comes it'll be a big surprise.  Let's hope it's a good surprise.

No comments: