13 April, 2012

Happy Friday

This has been a long week and I am SO glad it's Friday.  There are so many things I want to get done this weekend and I have a girls night to look forward to tomorrow too!  I think I'll go out tonight for a change.  I really wanted to go last night but I talked myself out of it with the promise that if I still felt like it, tonight would be the night.

I visited the doctor yesterday morning and got some good sleeping pills.  I tried one out last night and it worked great!  I needed a baseline study, so no alcohol and a moderately empty stomach.  At a friend's direction I took it 30 minutes before I wanted to be asleep.  It took me a little longer, more like 60 minutes, but I fell into a gorgeous sleep and didn't wake up for 7 hours.  Perfect!  I feel rested, not at all groggy.  Therefore I am quite confident I'll be able to sleep on the plane.  It's the sitting up that's the hardest part, but if I can get an aisle seat on the correct side of the plane so I can lean AWAY from my seatmates, with the aid of the pill it should be a snap.

I still have one chore hanging over my head with regards to the tournament, which I hope to solve today.  My errands on the weekend are easy.  Tink is getting groomed on Saturday and I'm meeting up with the house sitter to give her keys and the final instructions on Sunday.  I'll do a little laundry on Monday and pack on Tuesday.  I'm in good shape.  I have been checking the weather on the coast.  So far this week it is an awful lot like Seattle, but you know what?  I don't care.  Just being able to spend a whole week with my friends is going to be awesome!  Eoghan is the type who loves to plan tours and I'm all over that.  I am thrilled that I don't have to pick and chose the sites.  He's also the type who will have read up on everything and will not be shy about sharing his knowledge.  And if there's something I'm not keen on seeing, I am perfectly content to curl up with a book or go walk on the beach alone.  And the evenings will be great!  We'll take turns cooking, although Eoghan is very  keen to use the barbecue so he's hoping for warm-sh (or at least not rainy) weather for that.  Deirdre has been dreaming about the seafood platters.  And me?  Cheese. 

And ... and before this marvelous week I've got a few precious hours in London to look forward to.  And oh, I am.  Looking forward to them, I mean. 

No comments: