12 April, 2012

How rude this this?

I bring my lunch to work and eat in our little lunchroom after my run every day.  Usually I have my iPad with me and I play Scrabble or my boss stops by and we chat.  It's not a big table - it seats four people - and sometimes other people are there eating, but rarely.  There is a postdoc who typically eats his lunch a little later than me.  Tuesday I came in after my run and he was there and just putting one of his containers into the microwave to heat it up.  As he was doing that I set a place for myself at the table and retrieved my yogurt from the refrigerator and took out something from the freezer to cook after he was done with the microwave.  He saw what I was doing, immediately stopped the microwave and took out his dish, gathered the other two dishes and left the lunchroom!  Left rather than sit at the table and eat his lunch while I was there!  As if I was going to talk to him or something equally heinous.  I used to think he was a nice guy.  Not any more.  He wasn't even subtle about it.  He could have finished heating up the dish and pretended he was intending to eat it in his office all the time, although he had set himself a place so that would have been hard to pull off, but certainly worth trying rather than being so obviously rude, don't you think?

Hoorah for Peggy's sharp eyes.  Yesterday at noon knitting I was working on the Whisper Cardigan and Peggy spotted a hole, which at first I thought was just a wrapped stitch that I hadn't picked up correctly, but upon closer inspection I saw that it was indeed a dropped stitch!  Yikes!  She put a pin through it and last night I got it woven through the six inches I had knit since I dropped it.  That was a chore, but it would have been a disaster if I hadn't caught it!

It is a gorgeous day today.  I stopped by my Doctor's office this morning to get some sleeping pills so I can sleep on the plane and be all rested up when I get to London.  It was difficult turning that car towards the office.  It is a gorgeous day today.  Not too warm, but it may heat up before the day is over.

No comments: