11 April, 2012

The search for a May race

I am still looking for a suitable 5K to run in May and I am not having much luck.  I really like running the Top Pot Donut 5K because it's around Green Lake, but this year it's on April 29 and I'll be in Paris. The next race I've found in Seattle is on Mother's Day at Magnusson Park, which I think would be a really great place for a run, but once I did a little more reading about the race I decided to pass on it.  It's called "Run like a Mother", because it's on Mother's Day.  It is going to be too much a "Mommie and Me" type of event though, I can just tell from the posters.  Not that I have anything against mommies OR kids, but this is a women's only race so it's bound to be full of those types of women with the strollers and the big dogs who hog the track, or the fat walkers who spread out and give you dirty looks when you try to squeeze by them to RUN, like you're cutting into their Sunday stroll.  It's just an aggravating experience all around, so I'm going to have to keep looking.  I may have to spread out and go over to Redmond or Kirkland.  Or .... wait until something comes up in June.

I must say it took me a while to get back into the swing of things yesterday and I ended up forgetting one project entirely until I was reminded last night by a student.  So that's first on my list today.  Those drugs ... wow.  The memory erasing part is quite impressive.

Besides work things that need to be handled before I leave in ... one week! ... I have been working on getting the venue and catering set up for the tournament in August.  I sent the contract in for the tournament and talked to the caterer yesterday only to find out that there will be an extra charge for the picnic area where the dinner will take place.  I am doing my best to keep the cost of this thing down as far as possible because it's going to be hard to get people to come who are not golfers, so I've got to get back to the pro shop and see if we can make a deal regarding the picnic area.  Other than that, I'm set for a few weeks on that front.

I was hoping to get a few rows done on the Whisper Cardigan last night but I didn't even get to touch it.  My evening was just eaten up.  My bus was late getting home, and by the time I finished my workout and shower it was time to walk Tink again, then I was just sitting down to dinner around 7:30 and I got an email about some work, which I had to take care of right away.  After that I sat down to go through the mail and relax and I just felt like reading.  But I'm almost done with it, so it'll be done for sure before I leave.  And I've got noon knitting to get a good bit done today.

No comments: