06 April, 2012

Friday at last

This has seemed a long long week.  I have been so busy at work.  I remarked at lunch yesterday that it felt like Friday, because I was so tired.  Someone thought I was anxious for my vacation, but I explained that I don't like to rush the days up to vacation.  I like them to go slowly because then I can hope that my vacation days go just as slowly.  I know ... doesn't make much sense but what can I say? 

I am happy to report that I have finally been able to get to the body of the Whisper Cardigan.  Last night I measured and I was right at 2 1/2 inches.  I got the first set of short rows done before bedtime so this weekend it should really move right along.  I had made a teensie little mistake in the ribbing, which I pointed out at noon knitting Wednesday.  I was urged to take it out but it's 1X1 ribbing!  On small needles with lace weight yarn!  What a nightmare.  And as luck would have it, it is the collar portion of the garment so it won't be noticeable anyway.  Even if it were on the waist it wouldn't be noticeable because it's black cashmere -- which has a little halo that would make it virtually invisible. 

This day should go by quickly and I hope that I won't have to run in the rain.  At least there is no wind ... yet.  It is Easter weekend, but I don't have any lovely Easter plans.  Instead I am home prepping for a doctor's appointment Monday morning.  It's nothing  - just a routine baseline study.  But not a fun prep, from what I hear.  I should get lots and lots of knitting done, especially Sunday.

Well ... I've put it off long enough.  I'm going in!

No comments: