16 April, 2012

That's how it's supposed to be!

How many times have you worked through a beautiful week only to have the clouds move in Friday night and have a soggy, dreary weekend?  Too many times to count, I'd imagine.  Well, this weekend it was the opposite.  It's drizzly and yucky today, but our weekend was so nice!  Not warm exactly, but sunny at least. 

It's very different getting ready to travel mid-week.  I'm really looking forward to it.  There will be many more "professional" travelers and fewer families going on vacation, which is going to make for a better travel experience all around.  I had a super relaxing weekend and then things will start to pick up as I head towards take off on Wednesday.  Tonight will be laundry after my haircut.  Well, I should say partial laundry because I'm going to have to do sheets and towels for the house sitter Tuesday night while I'm packing, which won't be much of a chore. 

Tink was groomed on Saturday morning so we didn't get much of a walk.  I tried to make up for it yesterday and it was no chore, since it was sunny and nice.  We were less than half a mile from the lake when we came upon a cute little dog out having an adventure.  He let me get close enough to pick him up and I found his tags, but no owner's phone number.  There was the phone number for the microchip company so I called them, but all they had was the rescue group who had originally micro-chipped him and they weren't picking up the phone.  So I put the dog down and Tink and I followed him, hoping he'd lead us to his house or we'd find the owner out searching.  After a couple of false starts we did find his owner.  Happy ending.

In between girls night and just general lazing around, I got a good bit done on the Whisper Cardigan.  I am getting near the end of the ball of yarn and I want to just keep knitting as long as I can.  The trick is going to be holding out enough yarn to bind off but not waste any.  I am thinking I've probably got two or three more rows left.  Friday I found a cute pattern for fingerless mitts that I think I'll use for the travel project.  How many trips have I taken this particular bag of yarn and needles along, assuming I'd get some knitting done?  I've lost count.  But better to have it with me.  I have been looking at the forecast and it doesn't look like we're going to be in for any fantastic weather, at least not in the near future. 

No comments: