18 April, 2012

I am the worst packer in the world

Let's not kid ourselves.  I am just terrible at it!  There was a time in my life when I was quite proud of my packing skills and I even traveled around  Europe for three weeks with only a carry on sized bag.  But you know what?  I got pretty sick of those clothes, and I did not enjoy washing my socks and underwear in the sink and having wet clothes strung up all over the hotel rooms.  Not at all.  Now I just take what I want.  This time I did completely omit the accessories and jewelry which is surprisingly heavy.  But I brought plenty of other stuff to make up for it.  Thankfully I have a larger suitcase AND I had room to pack my little duffel bag so I can use it for carry on when I come home.  I am carrying some things for people this time - Eoghan's wife asked me to bring him to special salad dressing, and I had to bring some things for the daughter as well, and then it's Emma's birthday next week so there are a few things in there for her.  But mostly it's clothes for me.  Did I bring too much?  Probably.  Do I care?  Not one little teensie bit!

Now I'm going to have to make it through this entire day and it's going to be tough.  Thank goodness I've got noon knitting to look forward to.  I can hopefully finish up that cardigan.

I'm too excited.  I'd better settle down or I'm going to be a basket case by the end of the day. 

No comments: