10 April, 2012

A very different Easter weekend

The title says it all.  It was out of the ordinary.  I hadn't realized when I made this appointment that it was the Monday after Easter Sunday.  So there was no ham for me.  No eggs or candy.  In fact on Sunday there was nothing after 10 am except juice and jello.  The good news is that the weather was spectacular!  It was warm and sunny.  On our afternoon walk on Sunday I wore sandals and a shirt -- no jacket!  Spring finally. 

Since I wasn't participating in any family events I had plenty of time to knit and made great headway with the Whisper Cardigan, although on Sunday I had to take out two entire rows because I had knit a nice garter ridge.  Lucky I found it when I did and it was only two rows and not more.  Oh how I hate to tink back with lace weight yarn!

Yesterday is mostly a blur.  The drugs they give you .... wow.  My friend Monika picked me up around 1:30 or so, I ate half a sandwich while she walked Tink, then I slept until 6, got up for a couple hours and walked Tink and had a couple bites of ice cream and fell asleep for another two hours.  By that time it was 10, so I watched some Firefly on my iPad and conked out again around 11:30 and slept the entire night.  I have a headache this morning though.  I am going to have to use my last two fizzy tablets.  Luckily I'll be able to replace them in just over a week!

This is going to be a busy busy week and I am grateful for that.  I am getting super excited about my trip, especially now that the weather is starting to feel more like spring.  I might even be able to run without a jacket this afternoon!

No comments: