04 April, 2012

A little disappointing

I really wanted to get the ribbing done on that cardigan last night, but when I re-measured it I found I'm at least 1/2 an inch away from being done.  That's not a huge amount, and I'm cutting it down from the original 3 inches it asks for to 2 1/2, partly because I don't  like the collar that large and secondly because I don't know that I'll have enough yarn if I don't.  But the 1X1 ribbing is oddly messing with my elbow.  I only did about one round and it was feeling a bit tweaky.  I can do all of my upper body workout without so much as a twinge -- push ups, curls, presses ... no problem.  But that back and forth with the knit and purl is not comfortable.  I have brought it with me to noon knitting and maybe I can finish it up there.  I really want to start on the body!

Another reason I wasn't able to do much is that Tink was in a chase the ball mood and it lasted for quite some time.  Thank goodness for that long hallway.  She runs back and forth for as long as I'm willing to keep throwing that ball.  Silly thing.

Today is the monthly curriculum meeting but I'm going to skip it.  I have so much work to do and I don't want to waste 1 1/2 hours in that meeting when there's nothing that I'm really involved in being discussed.  I need to leave at 2 today for an appointment and I have a few things I want off my plate before then.

I got a nasty surprise on my run yesterday.  When I came into work it wasn't bad, and definitely not raining or blowing, so I didn't even bother checking the weather before I got dressed and went outside.  Bad mistake.  It was raining AND blowing, but I didn't want to go back inside because I doubted I had the strength to turn back around after I got a hat, so I went off in the rain.  I warmed up, but I got wet.  It wasn't pouring, but definitely more than a sprinkle.  The wind and chill is back, although I heard on the radio this morning that Sunday is supposed to be sunny and 60.  We shall see.


No comments: