02 April, 2012

And a welcome goodbye to March!

Despite the crazy bad weather, I had a wonderful weekend, but I can't say I'm sorry that March is history.  Friday I did get to run at lunch since it wasn't pouring at that point but on the way home the wind picked up and it was FREEZING!  Miserable cold.  Saturday it was coming down in buckets again, so I put Tink into her raincoat and off we went for a walk.  I couldn't last longer than 90 minutes and even she wasn't that keen to keep on walking.

My first item of business this weekend was checking out the venue for the tournament this summer so off I went to the golf course.  I noticed people playing when I got there, all dressed up head to toe in waterproof gear.  I came find out there was a little tournament that weekend!  What luck, huh?  The course itself was just beautiful, especially with the cherry trees blooming.  It is on Lake Ballinger just a few blocks from where I lived while I was in high school and my friends had homes right on the lake, so I spent many hours gazing over at that beautiful golf course, which was private back then, and wondering what was in there.  Now it is open to the public and just as beautiful as I had thought it might be.  So I picked up the contract and later this week I'll talk to catering about our meal.  They have a lovely spot down by the lake, which I am considering.  The only thing I can see at this point is that it is quite a ways away from the bar, but I'll have plenty of time to figure that out.

I had an errand up north near Alderwood Mall, so I continued north and after the errand stopped at the Rack just to poke around.  And then after a quick stop for groceries I was home.  On Friday night I had steeled myself and picked up those 200 plus stitches around my cardigan so I had a nice afternoon knitting.  I should have been doing laundry but I just wasn't in the mood.

My house and Tink sitter came over on Sunday to check the place out.  My concern was that her work schedule wouldn't be flexible enough for her to be able to limit the time Tink is alone to 9 hours but it is, so hoorah!  I really like this girl and I am very happy she's going to be taking care of my place and my dog.  I told her the stories of my last house sitter and she was aghast.  "You mean he moved the furniture and didn't move it back??!!"  Perfect.

I had a little correspondence with my friends in France this weekend and I am starting to get super excited!  I've got a few things to pick up for them, which is lovely because I was killing myself trying to think of suitable gifts, especially for the 15 year old.  You know girls that age can be all over the map.  I didn't get to the bookstore this weekend, but I will.  

One of the best things that happened this weekend was that my friend Gregg, the man I was singing with last year, finally called.  He wants to start up again, which is awesome news!  He's been trying out a few configurations and thinks he's got a band for us but wanted to double check because I do not like playing with this particular drummer.  But no matter, I'd just like to start singing again - with him or with a band, doesn't matter - so he's going to talk to his guys this weekend and we'll go from there.  Unfortunately I don't have a free minute before I leave either this coming weekend or the next, so it'll have to be when I get back, which I consider to be super timing.

I downloaded a new album this weekend.  I have been hearing a song by Mayer Hawthorne that I just adore and so I thought I would love the album and I do!  It is such fun music and I love his voice.  I am going to suggest to Gregg that he do this song.  I think it would suit his voice to a T. 

No comments: