08 July, 2014

My Do Nothing Monday evenings

It is, of course, two months from Monday Night Football, but I like the idea of doing nothing on a Monday night except for cooking a meal and vegging, whether it's in front of a football game or a movie or just some nice music.  I don't do anything else on a Monday night.  I was pretty tired yesterday so I started out with a little knitting outside in the shade, then a quick little dinner and finished the evening off with a nice read.  Tink got a couple of leisurely strolls and a short game of ball.  It was too hot really for anything else.  Being outside was okay if under an umbrella and there was a bit of an evening breeze.

I got out for my run just a little before noon and it wasn't too hot yet.  However, after 30 minutes the sun was just that much higher and it started getting quite warm as I finished my run.  I ran nearly two miles out so that when I finished up my 3 miles I'd have a bit to walk back so that I could cool down.  Nice idea, but it didn't work too well.  I might have strolled up and down the air conditioned halls but some files I had been waiting for decided to arrive on my computer right as I arrived in my office and I needed to sit right down and take care of a few things.  By the time I was finished my wrist rest mouse pad was drenched.  I know - ick.  And now I remember why I started running in the morning before work.  However we know  how that worked out, don't we?  All was good until the light started to shift, I quit getting up and I didn't start running at noon again for a bit.  So - I am going to tough it out.  This week won't be so bad anyway because I'm only going to do it once more -- today.  Tomorrow is noon knitting, I don't want to run Thursday because I am going out Thursday night to hear some music and I don't want my hair to be a huge giant bush, and Friday I'm leaving early.  So - get through today and then a little vacation.  Easy peasy.



No comments: