28 July, 2014

Two whole weeks off!

What a treat that was!  Was it difficult to come back to work today?  Absolutely yes, it was.  I had such a super great time in Paris - of course - and my trip back was quite easy.  When I checked in to my flight I was able to change my seat to row 15 from row 31, which was awesome.  And then I didn't have anyone next to me again!  How's that for luck?  I only slept a few hours but as usual, jet lag is so much easier come home that it is going East.

I had a day and a half to myself before my sister and the boys arrived on Wednesday.  It was pouring rain Wednesday and I woke up with a terrible sore throat.  My sister arrived with laryngitis.  Would you like to guess how the rest of the week went?  It was challenging at best.  Neither one of us got better but there were things that needed to be attended and tended to.  Thankfully the rain was gone by Friday morning.  The family reunion on Saturday was a trial.  I think I would have found it much more amusing had I not been sick.

That being said, it was nice to be able to spend so much time with my sister and my nephews and the weather was awesome.  I just wish I didn't have this cold or virus or whatever the heck it is.  My throat is no longer sore but I am completely stuffed up and coughing like a maniac.  You should have seen the dirty looks people were throwing my way on the bus, even though I was trying my best to keep a low profile and keep the coughing to a minimum, into my arm.  Oh well ... I'll live.

No comments: