13 July, 2014

My wonderful Sunday in Paris

Ahhhhh... So here I am. My flight over was really not bad, especially since a girl asked me to switch seats with her friend and I got a better seat with nobody beside me. That is very unusual. I managed to sleep a few hours and watched some movies. We landed in the rain.

It took one and a half hours to get through customs, collect my bag, walk to the RER and get on the train. Then a forty minute train ride to town. I got off at Chatelet and walked to a cafe to pick up the keys to the flat and after a shower and change of clothes I was ready to hit the streets. It was sprinkling so I grabbed Deirdre's umbrella, thankfully. I walked a bit, then found a cafe and ate a warm goat cheese salad. Heaven. On the way back there was a cloudburst and I got soaked.

I tried a little nap, but only managed an hour, then off again. I went to the pub and got on the Wi-Fi. The World Cup finals are at 9 tonight but I know I won't make that. I headed back to the flat, stopping for a sandwich for dinner.

I love being in my old neighborhood.  It hasn't changed much. One of the bakeries is now a cupcake place. Things are pretty much the same.

Tomorrow is a big wander day. Maybe I will go up to Republique and then the canal. I want to stay away from the big tourist spots. I am meeting friends at 6.

I am so darned happy it is scary.

No comments: