07 July, 2014

Oh how I love long weekends!

What a super weekend!  Three days weekends are just the BEST!  There is plenty of time to get the chores done AND have fun!  Throw in a holiday and some summer weather and it's fabulous. 

July is such a great time for summer produce, especially fruit.  I have a peach with me today and my entire office smells delicious.  There was a BBQ on the 4th and I made a huge fruit salad to bring.  Someone else made a pasta salad with homemade pesto.  Everything was so yummy.  I skipped the burgers and brought Italian chicken sausages instead.  On a BBQ?  Very very good.

Saturday was a girlie day - first a trip to Derby for my hair.  Gosh my hair grows fast!  Then I did a little shopping.  I needed some lighter denim and of course everything was on sale for the holiday weekend so I grabbed a couple of tops as well.  I also really needed to replace my walking sandals.  The ones I had are two years old and showing it, but I just couldn't find anything I liked so I gave up and renewed the search on Sunday, where I found the perfect pair.  So yay, I have a super comfy pair of sandals to take with me as well as another cute pair of higher wedge sandals to wear for walking on cobbles, which is a lot of Luxembourg.

I had plenty of time this weekend to watch movies and knit.  To watch sports and knit.  To sit outside and play games and drink wine.  It was quite a nice weekend.  It was hot yesterday, actually.  And it is going to be warm all week.  I think I'll have to get out running earlier than noon - maybe not today, since it's still over cast.  But later in the week for sure.

So I'm pretty much set for my trip.  I have a list of things I still need to gather, but I know what clothes I'm going to take and that's a big hurdle.  I think I'll be able to get away with 3 pairs of jeans, two pairs of shoes and six tops.  But I might make it eight tops.  We'll see.

Now to get through this week without screaming.

No comments: