14 September, 2016

The cliche

I have heard time and again people say "I don't know how I had time to work" after they retire.  And you know what?  I get it.  The void gets filled pretty darned quickly.  I should be on my way to the gym this morning, but I have a miserable headache.  It almost feels like I'm coming down with a cold, but since we are leaving for vacation tomorrow I am going to ignore that.  That being said, I'm not going to force myself to go to the gym when I don't feel 100%.  There's plenty to do around here to get ready for our week plus on the road.  Laundry for starters.  I'll get myself together and take Tink to the park first.  It is, again, a gorgeous September morning.  It looks like it's going to cloud up here later in the week, but we'll enjoy the sunshine while we have it.

Yesterday I went to lunch with Ben's sister up by Trinity.  Google maps directed me to the restaurant up the old Woodinville Duval road through just gorgeous hills with lots of horse farms and an equestrian park.  I am anxious to start find a place too ride but I've got to wait until we get back from vacation.  I could have looked this week but it didn't make any sense to do that since I won't be back until the 25th.

Eww ... I just made a bowl of oatmeal and it was just not right.  I think the oats were just too old - like maybe a year.  And the milk is off.  I'll have this orange for breakfast instead.  And then get cleaned up and take Tink to the park.  And keep my fingers crossed it's just my sinuses acting up and I am NOT getting a cold!!!

No comments: