02 September, 2016

The day has finally arrived

My last day at work.  Unreal.  I don't feel scared or anxious or sad.  It just feels like Friday before a long weekend and when the long weekend is over, I don't have to come back here.  Weird.  But I'll make a new routine.  Tomorrow I'm going to sign up for the gym and then Monday I start my new weekly routing - hopefully they will be open on the holiday.  My life needs structure and going to the gym is a good way to start. 

I got my office nearly cleaned out yesterday.  I've got at least one more load to haul out to the car.  Maybe two.  I threw away a lot of junk yesterday.  I got an email last night around 8 from my friend Andy, saying he and Kate wanted to have a drink with me on my way out to my car.  Well .... I would have liked to know that sooner!  I made reservations at Purple for six - I know it's early, but it is difficult to get a table there at a normal time!  Did they really think I was going to hang around here until 5 o'clock?!?  I don't have anything to do except clean out my office!  I told him perhaps we could plan to have lunch or a drink later in the month.  I need to be on the road no later than four in order to get home in time to walk Tink and change my clothes.  We could meet at 3 I guess but then we have one hour .... not ideal.

Last night was the last preseason game.  The Seahawks won but I got bored by the half.  And Tink was anxious for bed.  I put her in, but she wouldn't stop whining until I came in too.  I can't get the game in there because of the antenna issue - which was working well last night, thank goodness.  So I read on my iPad for a while and had a long night's sleep.  And woke up to the alarm for the last time. 

No comments: