06 September, 2016

This is the real day

Yup.  NOW I feel it.  Today is the start school and I am at home.  Hoorah!  Now it feels real and I am having a special celebration today.  I booked a day at my favorite spa for a soak, a body scrub and a body moisturizer.  It is such a treat.  It is so very relaxing and I feel so so good when it's done.  Before that I'm going to try to get in to get my manicure and pedicure.  I wanted to do it on Saturday but I was not feeling so hot.  In retrospect it must have been stress but I felt like I was coming down with a bad cold or something.  I did get in to sign up at the gym and then for the rest of the day I just lazed around, snoozed and Sunday woke up feeling great.

So far Tink got some nice long walks this weekend and yesterday I went to my new gym and did half an hour on the tread mill.  Yes, I could have done more but I was afraid of overdoing it after such a long hiatus.  And the good news is that I am not so sore this morning.  My back a little bit but overall not too bad.  Wednesday I'll do another half hour and then do a few weights or machines.  Slowly ease into it.

I started another project yesterday. I was going to be strict with myself but after cleaning off my yarn shelves on the weekend I got too jazzed about all the lovely yarn I have there and started a new project rather than finish up something I have.  I do think that of the four WIPs I will finish 3 of them.  I definitely am going to frog the lace front cardigan.

Ben comes home tomorrow.  It feels like a really long time that he's been gone.  And this going weekend NFL starts.  The Huskies had their season opener on Saturday and looked very good.  They weren't playing a very difficult opponent but still .... very exciting.  And Dish finally got their contract dispute cleared cup with Channel 13 so no more antenna for Seahawks.  Life is awesome.

No comments: