26 September, 2005

September in Seattle

It's so wonderfully gorgeous!! Whenever I'm away from Seattle and getting homesick, it's this time of year that I think of most fondly. The blue blue skies. The chilly mornings and the warm afternoons. And football, of course! It was a stellar weekend. Saturday was one of those days - and the afternoon was spent at the Fremont Oktoberfest, drinking too much beer in the bright sunshine. It was lovely. And Sunday a football game - and the Seahawks just ran all over the Cardinals. Swwweeeeeet!

At the Oktoberfest there was also a streetfair and I bought some sari silk -- two skeins. If I had been thinking clearer (see above re: too much beer) I would have tried to match the skeins, but instead I got a beautiful mostly pink one and then another that has a good bit of white in it. I have always been curious about recycled sari silk. It is much rougher than I had imagined it would be and it smells kind of like twine, if you know what I mean. Perhaps after it is washed with some fabric softener it will be nicer. But the colors are gorgeous! I'm thinking of making some sort of drop stitch scarf out of one and then maybe a little drawstring bag out of the other. We'll have to see how it knits up.

I didn't have much time to do any real knitting this weekend, although I did a good bit on the sleeve of the jacket while I was watching football yesterday evening. I didn't do anything but watch "Desperate Housewives". It's the only network show I watch regularly. And it was goooooood.

I ran errands first thing Saturday and bought a few things for my Secret Pal. I'm going to put them in the mail this lunchtime. Next one will be knitting goodies, but this one is just pampering goodies. I hope she likes it.

No comments: