19 September, 2005

Talk about a string of bad luck!

My goodness - I must say that from Friday afternoon on through yesterday afternoon - it was just one rotten thing after another! Work was stressful, my Dad is making me crazy and I don't even want to think about that . I want do a Scarlett O'Hara and think about it another day. My hair did turn out okay and Lisa Marie had a good idea and turned me on to a woman who is some sort of elder advocate. I just need somebody to talk me through finding another doctor for him, plus which I have to find out just why that other doctor decided he shouldn't be a patient of hers any longer. Ooooo it just steams me, but I can't deal with it now. If I could hire this woman to do it for me, though, how sweet would that be? Anyway -- Saturday I was still upset about Friday and had to go into work to boot. On the plus side the Huskies won! yay! But then I went to the Seahawks game yesterday and while I was eating garlic fries a piece of my tooth just broke off! I mean .... fries!! It's making me crazy. I called my dentist this morning and they can get me in tomorrow at 12:45 to start the crown. I told Janet I looked like a hillbilly and she started laughing! Well, honestly it's not quite that noticeable but if I smile, then you can definitely see it. Thankfully it doesn't hurt much.

In knitting news -- I am a little over half way done with the basket I'm going to felt for the WACDL auction. And I got Interweave Crochet magazine and saw a little shrug/wrap kind of deal that I thought might work for Ruth rather than that beautiful cabled one. I showed it to her and yup, she likes it better! Go figure. It's good for me though because I know I wouldn't actually make two of those cabled thingies and I do so love it, so I can crochet that one for her and still make the other for me. It'll have to go down the list since I already have the yarn for the Alpaca purple one, plus I've got to finish that jacket. But that's a bit of a silver lining.

Now I've got to get to work. Real work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooooh! Can't wait to see the felted basket. Please post a pic!