26 February, 2007

Aaaaand it's Monday again

This time is year is always so strange ... still definitely winter and yet little signs of springs poking up here and there. It is cold and wet and windy though. And it was raining all weekend with the exception of a few odd breaks during the day on Sunday. Tink got a long overdue grooming on Saturday and she looks adorable, as she should. I needed to do some easy training this weekend for the upcoming March 11 race, so on Sunday I put on wet weather gear and took Tink with me to Greenlake. I figured a little run/walk around the lake would be good and I wanted to see how she would do as a running partner. Well, she was GREAT! I got a nice easy workout and she had a wonderful time as well. Of course there weren't nearly as many dogs and people as there would be on a sunny or even non-raining day and she got distracted a few times but when I was running she just really got into it, either keeping up with me or dashing on ahead as far as the leash would permit. As an extra bonus, it tired her out and she spent most of the rest of the afternoon quietly snoozing, her little head in my lap.

I got lots of knitting done this weekend as well as a working out. My sock is pretty much done and I am going to bind it off and start a second one tonight so I'll have a small portable project for sitting around while dad is at the doctor tomorrow. My "Cozy" is growing and I only have 2 3/4 balls of yarn left to use on it. And I even worked a bit on the TDR turtleneck. I was sorely tempted to start a vest of some sort this weekend but resisted. I ordered Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits Friday and so I'm going to wait and see what's in that.

Won't be long now that we'll be starting SP10. Hope I get good ones again this time. I was SO lucky the last couple of times.

No comments: