06 February, 2007

So quiet!

It's been foggy these past two mornings and so quiet! Almost as if snow had fallen. Thank goodness NOT. It's just weird and eerie. I know it won't be long before the birds are singing outside my window and I won't be able to keep hitting the snooze button on the alarm. It's still totally dark and still outside when the alarm goes off. But I heard a different birdsong later in the morning so I know it won't be long before I'm covering my ears for another few minutes of peace.

My head was still stuffy yesterday and I didn't run at lunchtime. I must go this lunchtime because I need to decide if I'm going to sign up for the 5K this Sunday or not. Since I haven't been running for a week I'm leaning towards not, but if I'm feeling good out on the trail at lunch I might as well give it a go. It's not like I'm going for some world record or anything. I've just got to get serious about getting rid of this winter chub! I feel like a whale!

Now that my entrelac bag is finished I can't decide what to pick up. I did work some on the cabled turtleneck Sunday but last night I just watched a movie and read. I wasn't feeling any great pull. And I most definitely am not feeling the heart lace socks. I don't think I'm a lace sock knitter. What I like about socks is that you can toss them in your bag and just pick them up anywhere, anytime. That isn't the case when you're working a complicated lace pattern on the instep. I want a simple sock. Let the yarn do the work. Soooooo ... looks like I'm going to either put it on holders or frog it and start a simple toe up plain foot with ribbing on the cuff. Something I can do without thinking about it. It'll be perfect to take with me to Arizona. It's going to be warm there so I can't have a lap full of sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. Good to know about the zinc - what form, tablets? Airborne has been working for me too, but I'm always looking for backups!

As for the winter chub issue, be thankful YOU don't have to don a bridesmaids dress in a month! :P

BTW- Super Bowl - what'd you think? I was happy for Peyton.