07 February, 2007

Oh this is torture!!!

I have a "Best Fare Chaser" widget on my desktop listing my top favorite destinations and the lowest fare (obviously) that day. This morning .... London $338!! Paris $410!! I am almost sorry I committed to visiting Phoenix next week over the President's Day holiday. Of course, those fares are deceptive since they don't show the $200+ in taxes and fees etc. Still though ... that's cheap. And after having had a lovely long conversation with my friend Pat who is now living on Oakham, I am so missing her! Maybe if I win the award I'm up for I can hop over there in April for a quick visit. AND maybe a show or two in London. I really want to see Spamalot. A lot! (I couldn't resist)

I did run yesterday and it wasn't nearly so bad as I thought it would be. In fact it was almost painless. Yay me, huh? So maybe I will do that run Sunday after all. I still feel like a huge piggy, but healthy anyway. Six or 8 weeks of non-piggy ways and I should be back in form for the springtime unveiling. You know -- when you can't get away with baggy sweatshirts and sweaters. I wonder, if I lived in California would I still get the winter chub?

I signed up for Secret Pal 10 yesterday. I've had such fun with the others I have done. I took a break from Secret Pal 9 -- just too much stuff going on. But this is a perfect time. Last night I started one of the projects from my sweet Secret Pal 8. Oh I know I know .... I already have too many things going but I didn't have the heart to frog those socks and I wasn't in the mood for a big sweater. I was thinking of a hat from Knitting Nature but then came upon the beautiful plum colored yarn and pattern that SP8 sent me for making Knitty's Cozy and did a few pattern repeats. The color is just gorgeous. Picture soon.

In fact, speaking of pictures .... guess what I did yesterday! I bought a new camera!! I have been thinking and researching for weeks and finally pulled the trigger and bought a Canon A510. My old camera I bought right before I moved to Paris -- December 1999. It's an Olympus Camedia and it's only 1.3 megapixels and big and heavy to boot. I don't take many pictures because it's just so clunky and I never want to take it with me. The new one is just super! It takes video and I am getting a 1 gig memory card with it. Oh I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Winter chub knows no geographical bounds! :(