27 February, 2007

You really just never know!

Back about .... oh ... a bazillion years ago I used to be a singer. One of my bands was a show band that covered old girl groups from the 60's, among other things. My hairdresser, who is a notorious matchmaker/busybody asked me a few months ago if I ever thought of coming out of "retirement" with regards to the singing. I said sure, if the circumstances were right. In other words, somebody had a band and gigs and all I had to do was show up to rehearse and do the job. So just now this guy called, they've got jobs and want me to meet with them this weekend. It could be fun! Now I just have to figure out if I've still got any chops left.

Oooo! I got the new Stefanie Japel book yesterday! It's a pretty good book. I love the top down thing, obviously, since that's about all the type of sweaters I make. The designs in this book are pretty cute, all in all, and the yarns are mid-priced, which I must say is quite a nice surprise. I don't know about you, but it seems to be that most books and magazines (with the exception of KnitScene) are recommending such astonishingly expensive yarn for their projects that it makes substituting almost mandatory. She has used Cascade yarns almost exclusively except for a couple Lyon Brand things for the super chunky stuff. Interesting side note - I was reading her forward and come to find out she's 6 feet tall! Yikes! I would never have guessed from her pictures, would you?

I did absolutely no knitting last night. I had SUCH a headache yesterday. I made it 3/4 through my run at lunchtime but then lights started flashing in my head and I had to stop. I thought I was just hungry but it kept on and on and on and on ... I finally gave up and went to bed around 9 and read for a little while (yes, I know it's odd to read when you have a headache but it didn't seem to bother me). I finally drifted off and, while it's still present, it's at least not debilitating like it was yesterday. Maybe I can knit tonight.

No comments: