28 February, 2007

'Twas a dark and stormy morning!

And cold. And wet! The rain on the way in looked like it was mixed with snow and it's only 4 degrees above freezing as I type. And there's no getting away from it. I must run today. Only 11 days until the next race and Monday's run was NOT powerful, to say the least. I got my race T-shirt and timing chip in the mail yesterday. I like that - very convenient. Especially since on race day we have to park at the finish line and take a bus to the start line unless someone is driving you. And since nobody is driving me -- I'm going to have to get up super early and go park and ride. All that for a T-shirt. BUT the bonus is that I get to run on the city streets and over the Alaskan Way Viaduct with the beautiful view of the water and the Olympic mountains. It's going to be super cool.

Yesterday I got a call from one of my old classmates. She came up with the idea for our annual class reunion golf tournament, which was so much fun last year. This year I'm going to be helping with the organization and setting up a web site. AND, I'm going to actually take part in the tournament. Last year I wasn't sure if I should golf, since I'm so bad, so I went shopping before the dinner and ended up with two Coach bags. Since it's a best ball type of thing it doesn't really matter how good you are, plus which everybody's drinking all the way anyway, so I'm going to golf this year. (Whee ... new shoes!) It's not until the end of July but it takes quite a bit of organizing.

Not much knitting yesterday. Worked a bit on the sock while dad was at the doc but it was a quick appointment so I didn't get much done. I brought it today for our Wednesday lunchtime knitting and I should be able to bind it off and start the other one in that hour. I worked mostly on the "Cozy". Nearly finished with the current ball and that leaves only two more to go when it's done. Maybe I can finish this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just catching up on my blog buddies...I had no idea you were a singer- how fun! Let us know how it goes this weekend! Good to know about the Fitted Knits book. I haven't seen it in person yet, but I like the top-downs, too, so I'll have to check it out. Oh and hey- good luck with SP! :)