14 February, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

And ..... it looks like it's going to be a Happy New Camera Day for me as well. According to the UPS tracking my camera will be delivered today so I am all woohoo about that. VD .... well, not so much. But hey! It could be worse! At least I can remember some awesome ones and one in particular will always be with me so ..... for what that's worth.

I have been really getting into the "Cozy" knitting. I'm on my 3rd ball of yarn. The lace pattern isn't difficult and it seems quite forgiving since I've made a couple mistakes and can't even find them! It's going to take a while to finish since it's got to be 68". Well of course I guess if I think 50 inches is enough I can stop but the pattern calls for 68". We'll see if I have enough yarn. I think I'll just knit until I run out of it.

Here is my current boring dilemma (I really need to get a life!) What knitting should I take with me to Phoenix? I am thinking the lace knitting would NOT be a good idea since there is bound to be some sitting around with cocktails at the elbow. I need something plain and easy, preferably in the round. Therefore I am going to take the heart lace socks off the needles and start some plain ones. I find that I wear the plain ones. I can't get into the fancy sock thing. It doesn't make sense to me to spend so much time with a fiddle-y fancy pattern for something nobody is every really going to notice. That is unless you wear them with sandals and shorts which is not my style. But plain socks I will wear. I love the feeling of hand knit socks. Tonight after I get my laundry and packing all done (maybe while watching "Lost"?) I'll cast on for a simple pair of socks and that will be easy to put into a Zip-lock and toss into my suitcase. Then if I make a mistake it won't be a huge deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think simple socks are just the thing for a traveling knit. Small, portable, non-fussy...I think it'll be just the thing!