19 February, 2007

The wild wild west

I'm still in Arizona. I'm having a nice time - except today has been a bit frustrating dealing with getting my friend's website up. I finally got it done and published. It's going to need some more tweaking since the content is not all ready but at least the design and framework are finished.

Yesterday we took a break from working and drove to Tuscon to see "Old Tucson" which is a poor man's version of Universal Studios. Way out in the desert, it's where many of the old western movies were shot. It's totally corny but the area around it is very cool. And I got to use my new camera. It's going to take me some time to figure out everything it can do but here are a few pictures I took yesterday. When we were leaving, in the parking lot was a coyote! Just standing there ... strolling around a bit. Most likely looking for food. And a picture of a cactus alongside one of the buildings and here's a shot of the countryside. I'm not yet used to sizing these. I thought I had them bigger but, as I said, it's going to take me a while to get used to the new camera and downloading pictures.

I've also been working on a sock and here's a picture of it. I've done the foot and the heel flap and I'm getting ready to do the gussets and turn the heel. Maybe this afternoon.

No comments: