12 February, 2007

I finished something!


Isn't that amazing. I have a bazillion WIPs and felt I had to pick up another. I finished it though. The Sunflower Tam from "Knitting Nature". I used Elann's Pamir in what I thought was a nice yellow but turned out a bit green-y. I was in such a rush to start the thing I didn't check my gauge (I know .... rookie mistake) and it is way too big for my head, so I brought it to work and gave it to someone. I just wanted to make it. It's all right turns and left turns -- pretty easy except now and again a left turn would get a bit dicey. That's an I-cord tassel on the top.

That's mostly the knitting I did on the weekend. I did knit a few more rows on the "Cozy" and tried to get a quick picture of it this morning but it just didn't turn out. I wish I had my new camera. It looks like it's not going to arrive until the day I leave this week, which is a shame because the UPS guy comes late to my house so I won't be able to have it with me on my vacation! I'm really disappointed. Well I haven't checked the tracking yet this morning so it might yet surprise me and get here early.

I had a nice race on Sunday. Although it was another race where they didn't have a real start, but only a "gun" start and I HATE that!! Why do we wear chips if we're not going to get a real start time?? It's only good for the very very few people that are actually crossing the starting line on time. I have no way of knowing when I crossed the starting line. Next run on March 11 and that one will be timed.

I had a really nice dinner Friday night at "Mona's", a restaurant near Greenlake. Saturday was a fabulous day -- I ran errands and knit and then watched my "Extras" DVDs. Hilarious!! I think there's one more in the series. And yesterday was cleaning and hanging out with the dog. It's going to be a fairly busy week and then Thursday it's off to the sunshine and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This could have been the title of my post today, too! Also, a hat. A beret, to be specific. I wish I could actually finish things more often, but alas... Very cute tam!