28 June, 2010

Aaaand we're back

What a wonderful vacation! I really didn't want to leave and come back to the land that summer forgot. The condo we stayed in was such a great place that I will definitely go back. The unit itself was very large and the whole complex is literally right on the beach. The water was maybe 40 yards from our window. At night the noise of the surf was so loud that it kept me awake and when the tide turned it was a roar! We had to finally keep the door closed and use the air conditioning at night. And I also loved having a condo with maid service, like a hotel but much better.

Mr. M's sick days meant that we didn't get to do everything we had planned but that's okay. My sister and I had lots of time together to shop and wander around. Every day we had at least one nice long walk. I just now have a few more reasons to go back soon. And next time it'll be for two weeks rather than one. One just isn't enough. Oh, and I will definitely go with a four-wheel drive vehicle next time as well since all of the sandy beaches are that difficult to get to.

I came home with a gorgeous pair of Peridot stud earrings which I have wanted for ages and ages, and another pair of brushed silver earrings and pendant that look like leaves. Also a beautiful strand of cultured pearls in some very cool colors and ..... a ukulele! Which I can play a little. My fingernails need to be a bit shorter but I can strum a few cords.

Our return flight wasn't until 9 pm Saturday -- I know, I could have picked a better flight but I wanted to get as much of Hawaii as I possibly could. I managed a little nap on the flight and we had a quick turn around in San Francisco. After picking up Tinkerbell at the kennel I was back in bed by 9:30 for a much needed nap. When I got up and went to the grocery store I was still so out of it I couldn't even think of what I wanted to cook for dinner! I feel better today - still tired but it felt very good to get back on my bike, even though it's not even 60 degrees!

I had time to knit in Hawaii since it was cloudy and windy a couple of afternoons. The Annis does indeed go very quickly and I have finished up all but the last two rows of the lace portion. My first Nupps! They look great and they're not difficult. I do wonder though why not just make a bobble? I might make another one of these for my sister in a plain color rather than using Kureyon sock. I should post pictures. Maybe tomorrow. Oh, and my hand and shoulder are fine. They enjoyed the rest, I guess.

No comments: