11 June, 2010

That's more like it!

Despite the rain last night, I did finally get a good night's rest. I feel good this morning, not groggy. I had a nice, low key evening. Got Tinkerbell cleaned up (again), got the hem turned on the fronts for the cardigan and started the darts. I didn't knit long and went up to bed early to read a bit. I think I was asleep before ten. I didn't open the window quite as much and I was SO tired that I dropped right off.

Today it's very quiet here. I saw a few people in gowns so I am thinking that it must be hooding ceremony day today. In hopes of enticing the sun to come out (not really) I am wearing my lacy skirt with bows. It is the first skirt I knit and still my favorite. There are a couple of things I would do differently if I were to knit it again. First, I would add new balls in at the sides rather than try to weave the ends in on the body. No matter how careful I am *I* can always see them. Also, even though I love love love the crocheted ties I would have made a casing for elastic and then added the ties as decoration rather than have them function as the waist. It doesn't take that much more effort to have a really nice waist band rather than a silly eyelets and tie thing. It doesn't flatter any shape.

It's going to be a nice relaxing weekend. Since I'm only working Monday and Tuesday next week that leaves the whole rest of the week to do pampering and grooming essentials, so I can skip the nail salon this Saturday. I do have a hair appointment but other than that I can just knit! We will have a rehearsal Saturday evening and then two more work days to go, We are supposed to have some sun this weekend so I can fiddle with my vegetable and herb beds. The rain has helped the tomatoes, squash and peas and they are growing like crazy. Unfortunately the two lovely pepper plants have gotten some sort of disease and I'm going to have to get rid of them. Also, some type of critter got into my herb garden and made a mess there as well. I will have to take pot luck at the garden store and do my best to salvage the season. I do believe we are going to be getting some decent tomatoes this year and really that's all I care about.

No comments: