10 June, 2010

Another restless night

Oh I am in a fog! I can't wake up. I could have slept another two hours this morning easily. I tried my best to get relaxed last night. I went up to bed early and watched a silly movie in bed and turned off the light around 10 because I was so tired from the night before. But even though I was that tired I just couldn't drop off! And then the rain started up again and the dripping onto that metal something or other. I looked yesterday evening and I am convinced by the sound of this that it's dripping onto a vent cover. And I don't know why it is bothering me so much now except perhaps because the windows are opened that much farther since it's warmer outside. Nevertheless I was disturbed and did indeed spend most of the night with my head between two pillows. I am glad I'm taking a few days off before we leave for Hawaii because then I can spend them getting caught up on my sleep and not have to waste valuable sun and beach time.

I didn't want to get too in to my knitting project last night so I got it all ready for the turning of the hem for the front parts. I can do that tonight and get started on the darts. Tinkerbell also desperately needs a bath tonight so that's my first priority after walkies. I'll have a nice quiet evening since Mr. M is off doing a show until late.

Yesterday at noon knitting I started up on the cashmere shawl and got to the end of the first line of knitting and realized I had made a mistake. Since it has been so long since I've even touched that thing and since I truly don't care for triangular shawls at all [why did I start it?] I just ripped it all back and now I have 440 yards of gorgeous blue cashmere just begging to be knit into something scrumptious. I think I'll make another lacy thing but more of a big scarf or a wrap. No matter how pretty those triangular shawls are I just am not all that keen. The crescent shaped ones can be nice and there is a nice one on Knitty that perhaps I could do with larger needles but using this yarn. I'll have to fiddle and swatch and see how it might look. Otherwise it's off to Ravelry to see what I can find.

No comments: