08 June, 2010

Sun sun sun sun!!

Thank goodness it is sunny today! This nonstop rain has really been getting me down. Even though I work in a windowless closet I still know when it's raining ... the people walking by in their squeaking, squishing shoes. My damp bike clothes drying on the hooks on the door. Ah but a sunny day -- people walk by my door with a little more spring in their steps. Oh, it's not supposed to last much after lunch and it is going to be raining by this evening. But for now I'll enjoy it and plan a nice walk up to the Ave at lunchtime.

I did indeed finish up the back of my cardigan last night but I stopped myself from casting on for the fronts. I have been doing a lot of repetitive computer work, still redoing those old quizzes and there is a lot of copy/paste action going on. It aggravates my knitting issues and I'd rather knit just a little bit than not be able to knit at all, especially since I'm going to be having all this lovely extra vacation time to knit. So I sat idle and watched the ending of the Up in the Air movie. I knew there was a reason I wasn't all that keen to watch it -- it's sad. And it made me sad, so i went upstairs and watched something extremely silly. It didn't entirely erase the bad feeling but made it tolerable.

I'm ordering some linen yard from Elann today. I can't decide if I want to use it for a skirt or a top. I think it would make a great skirt because of the drape. I know I just bought that wool/Tencel blend for a skirt but maybe I'll switch it out for the linen. Hmmmmmm can't decide and you know what? I don't have to decide right now.

No comments: