16 June, 2010

Awesome Vacation Day 1

Despite the rain -- who cares if I'm not riding in it -- it has been a fabulous day one of vacation. After a little sleep in I got a guy started on weeding the back garden and I headed off to do a little shopping at the outlet mall. I needed some lighter weight pants, more shorts and a sundress or two. It is such a treat to go up there during the day when it's less crowded plus I got there less than 30 minutes after opening so it was not very crowded.

After a quick sweep through the Coach store - nothing that I couldn't live without - I snagged a pair of cute white shorts and a sleeveless silk wrap dress with a ruffled neck at Ralph Lauren. Gorgeous! My biggest score was a $500 designer dress for $70 at Max Mara. I *love* it! It will be perfect for Hawaii. I got a few other things but nothing as spectacular. I think I'm pretty much set except maybe for a newer bathing suit or a pair of cargo pants. I have to go up north to get my jewelery cleaned and checked and there is an Old Navy nearby that would be good for that type of thing. And after that .... ahhhhhh, a visit to the spa for a soak and a body scrub.

I bought Mr. M a portable DVD player for our anniversary and gave it to him last night so he'd have time to futz with it and choose what he wants to bring. It was really a present to me, but he doesn't need to know that. He doesn't have any problem with bringing a "y" cord and trying to watch video on my iPhone while we're on the plane. It drives me CRAZY! So this was a perfect solution to that. He is thrilled. Win-win.

And as for my entertainment, I have the 2nd and 3rd books of the Stieg Larsson trilogy loaded up, plus three movies and 13 TV episodes but I wanted a couple more movies since I still have 10 gigs of space left on my iPhone. The movie I wanted, Any Given Sunday, was not available on iTunes so I found software to convert my own. I am converting now as I post! After I see how much space this movie takes up I may convert a few more.

No comments: